I have decided to take a look at Erlang to see if we can use it in our products to create scalable, fault-tolerant software. I am reading the book “Programming Erlang: Software for a Concurrent World”. Here is an example in the book that uses list comprehension to find all the permutation for a list.
-module(perm). -export([perm/1]). perm() -> []; perm(L) -> [[H | T] || H <- L, T <- perm(L -- [H])].
If you have Erlang installed, you can start the shell and run the following test:
c(perm). %% compile the module perm A = [1, 2, 3]. perm:perm(A). %% will find all the permutation [[1, 2, 3], [1, 3, 2], [2, 1, 3], [2, 3, 1], [3, 1, 2], [3, 2, 1]]
Now let’s look at the code. Only two lines of code to find…
What is source control and why should you use it?
Source control lets you keep every single version of your files. Over time your files change as you make modifications to them. If you’re working on a single file like a document, not tracking those changes is fine, but your source code needs to be tracked even if you are a lone developer. When you are developing an app, sometimes you start down a path that you think will be fruitful, but then you quickly discover that the implementation will not work as well as you thought it would. Using a version control system (VCS) allows you go back to the state of the code before you implemented the feature. Source control is like a time machine for code. If you want to go back, just look at the history and load up the code at that point in time.
Posted In: Tips,
Just when you thought it couldn’t get any better, something like this happens…
We have lowered the price for the Dynamic Church Developer Conference to $49!
Wow…that’s a pretty impressive price. Now that we have the price issue resolved, let’s move on to the content and why you should be in Dallas May 13 - 14.
- Do you want to learn how to get started with the F1 API? We have a session for that.
- Do you want to hear about the roadmap for the API and provide feedback that will guide where it goes? We have a session for that.
- Do you want to dig deeper into the API and find out things you can do with it that you haven’t done yet? We have a session for that.
- Do you want to hear from our featured keynote speaker who helps companies create valuable…
- User Case Story from Hope Community Church
October 28, 2013
- Group Search Categories and More
October 21, 2013
- Account Creation
August 7, 2013
- Single Sign On Functionality Exposed
June 25, 2013
- 3rd Party App Showcase
March 22, 2013
- API Communication Value Changes
November 2, 2012
- API Enhancement: Create and Edit Groups!
August 13, 2012
- API Enhancement: Requirements Exposed
June 25, 2012
May 23, 2012
- Resource Versioning
April 24, 2012
- Enter Visitor Data via Your Church Website
March 16, 2012
- Fellowship One & Planning Center Online
March 1, 2012
- API Libraries and Sample Code
February 7, 2012
- Building a custom login for your church website using the API
November 29, 2011
- Roll Foward!
August 9, 2011
- The Agile Triangle
July 27, 2011
- Conversation Paralysis
July 7, 2011
- Picture this, image updates & creates through the REST API
May 10, 2011
- A REST API double shot : Groups and Events realms
May 9, 2011
- Increasing Software Delivery by 500%
May 3, 2011