Working with Pop Up Windows in Selenium
Like many applications, users commonly interact with popup windows in the normal use of Fellowship One. Creating test scripts that interact with popup windows posed an interesting problem due to Selenium’s handling of popup windows. If the popup in question exists as a child browser window (and not a simple alert prompt), Selenium commonly loses its association with the main application window after clicking on a control on a popup window. As a result, an error occurs when the user attempts a WaitForPageToLoad command after returning to the main window.
This will result in an error stating that the current frame or window is closed…
selenium.WaitForPopUp("psuedoModal", "30000"); selenium.SelectWindow("name=psuedoModal"); selenium.Click("btnYes"); selenium.SelectWindow(""); selenium.WaitForPageToLoad("30000");
This details the workaround allowing the user to complete the same interaction avoiding the error…
selenium.WaitForPopUp("psuedoModal", "30000"); selenium.SelectWindow("name=psuedoModal"); selenium.KeyPress("btnYes", "\\13"); selenium.SelectWindow(""); selenium.WaitForPageToLoad("30000");
Matthew Sneeden is a member of the Quality Assurance team at FT. He takes part in a wide array of testing activities ranging from in-sprint to regression, and manual to automated. He also takes part in feature discussions and helps identify candidate content for future standards documents to help better serve our clients.
Posted In: Tips,
- Include Requirements & Contribution Sub Types
- User Case Story from Hope Community Church
- Group Search Categories and More
- Account Creation
- Single Sign On Functionality Exposed
- API Communication Value Changes
- API Enhancement: Create and Edit Groups!
- API Enhancement: Requirements Exposed
- Resource Versioning
- Enter Visitor Data via Your Church Website
- Fellowship One & Planning Center Online
- API Libraries and Sample Code
- Building a custom login for your church website using the API
- Roll Foward!
- The Agile Triangle
- Conversation Paralysis
- Picture this, image updates & creates through the REST API
- A REST API double shot : Groups and Events realms
- Increasing Software Delivery by 500%
- Quick people API realm update
- Introducing the new REST API giving realm
- Raising the bar…
- Building a Deployment Pipeline
- The World of Dev Craft
- Running Tests in Parallel with Selenium
- Abstracting Your Code to Remove Duplication
- Documentation in an Agile Environment
- Drowning in Debt
- Intro to Ruby on Rails
- API Strategy & Roadmap
- Staging/Sandbox Environment is Back up!
- Downtime in Sandbox/Staging Environment
- Android & OAuth
- F1 API Static Library with Objective-c
- Programming in F#
- NoSQL: HuMONGOus Benefits (Part 2)
- Our Scrum Team Structure
- SaaS & BI - The History & Future
- Getting Started with Android
- NoSQL: Leaving Schema Behind (Part 1)
- Your Feedback…and a $25 Gift Card!
- A Scrum Ceremony? Is this a wedding or something?
- Variables in PHP
- Data Exchange API Fixes
- F1 Check-in on the iPad
- Be the first to get the news & tips!
- An Introduction to PHP
- Working with Pop Up Windows in Selenium
- List Comprehension
- Source Control: A Time Machine For Your Source Code
- Developer Conference…Lower Price, Same Great Content!
- The Quality Assurance Team
- How does Fellowship Technologies manage complex projects?
- Developer Conference coming in May!
- Sandbox Refresh Complete
- Sandbox Refresh This Week
- Updates coming to the REST API
- Sandbox Environment Down Time
- F1Touch :: Fellowship One On The Go
- Under the Hood
- Sandbox Refresh Complete
- Sandbox Refresh Tomorrow (Oct. 2nd)
- Fellowship One Developer Forums
- Ten Commandments of API Consumption
- REST API Enhancements / Fixes deployed to Sandbox and Production 09.09.09
- Data Exchange URL cut-over complete
- Important Data Exchange URL changes
- Ron Nom Nom
- How to get started using the REST API