Updates coming to the REST API
This Wednesday, January 20 we will be pushing a few updates to the REST API to production. We are excited about continuing to add new features to the API and possibly even more exciting is the fact that all of these updates came from the input of the community! Here is what you asked for and will see in just a few short days…
- More features when searching on lastUpdatedDate The ability to search on lastUpdatedDate has been around for a while, but it only looked at the basic people information to see if they were updated. Now when you search on lastUpdatedDate, if a communication or address was updated, that individual or household will come back in your results. To give you a little more detail, here is the user story and acceptance criteria we used when making this update.
- As a consumer I need to be able to search using lastUpdatedDate and it be applied to people, addresses and communications so that I can pull back all people who were updated during a certain time
- If a household address and/or communication is upadated and/or created, all individuals in that household will be returned.
- If an individual address and/or communication is updated and/or created, then the individual will be returned.
- If a household is created then all individuals in that household will be returned.
- If an individual is updated and/or created then the individual will be returned.
This adds the option to do a people search by an array of IDs.
- As a consumer I need the ability to pas in an array of people IDs into people search so that I can pull back a list of known people.
- Search using: people/search?id=1456,3925,7190,2485
This frees up the church code so that it is not case sensitive.
- As an API consumer I need to be able to use lower & upper case church codes in the API so that I do not get errors due to church code case.
- Church codes can be any mix of case.
As always, you can access the complete documentation by appending “help” as the format of your API call. For example, if you want information on the People Search feature use https://yourchurchcode.staging.fellowshiponeapi.com/V1/People/Search.help
We are excited about these updates and excited to see what kind of awesome tools you make with these updates! If you want to get your hands on these updates right now, they just showed up in the sandbox environment, so you can begin using them in there until they are in production on Wednesday.
- Include Requirements & Contribution Sub Types
- User Case Story from Hope Community Church
- Group Search Categories and More
- Account Creation
- Single Sign On Functionality Exposed
- API Communication Value Changes
- API Enhancement: Create and Edit Groups!
- API Enhancement: Requirements Exposed
- Resource Versioning
- Enter Visitor Data via Your Church Website
- Fellowship One & Planning Center Online
- API Libraries and Sample Code
- Building a custom login for your church website using the API
- Roll Foward!
- The Agile Triangle
- Conversation Paralysis
- Picture this, image updates & creates through the REST API
- A REST API double shot : Groups and Events realms
- Increasing Software Delivery by 500%
- Quick people API realm update
- Introducing the new REST API giving realm
- Raising the bar…
- Building a Deployment Pipeline
- The World of Dev Craft
- Running Tests in Parallel with Selenium
- Abstracting Your Code to Remove Duplication
- Documentation in an Agile Environment
- Drowning in Debt
- Intro to Ruby on Rails
- API Strategy & Roadmap
- Staging/Sandbox Environment is Back up!
- Downtime in Sandbox/Staging Environment
- Android & OAuth
- F1 API Static Library with Objective-c
- Programming in F#
- NoSQL: HuMONGOus Benefits (Part 2)
- Our Scrum Team Structure
- SaaS & BI - The History & Future
- Getting Started with Android
- NoSQL: Leaving Schema Behind (Part 1)
- Your Feedback…and a $25 Gift Card!
- A Scrum Ceremony? Is this a wedding or something?
- Variables in PHP
- Data Exchange API Fixes
- F1 Check-in on the iPad
- Be the first to get the news & tips!
- An Introduction to PHP
- Working with Pop Up Windows in Selenium
- List Comprehension
- Source Control: A Time Machine For Your Source Code
- Developer Conference…Lower Price, Same Great Content!
- The Quality Assurance Team
- How does Fellowship Technologies manage complex projects?
- Developer Conference coming in May!
- Sandbox Refresh Complete
- Sandbox Refresh This Week
- Updates coming to the REST API
- Sandbox Environment Down Time
- F1Touch :: Fellowship One On The Go
- Under the Hood
- Sandbox Refresh Complete
- Sandbox Refresh Tomorrow (Oct. 2nd)
- Fellowship One Developer Forums
- Ten Commandments of API Consumption
- REST API Enhancements / Fixes deployed to Sandbox and Production 09.09.09
- Data Exchange URL cut-over complete
- Important Data Exchange URL changes
- Ron Nom Nom
- How to get started using the REST API