Introducing the new REST API giving realm
The dev team has been working hard to bring you the next step in the Fellowship One REST API stack - the Giving Realm! We’ve opened up all sorts of resources to help you bring giving into your church. From accounts to sub funds - all the resources you’ve been asking for served up on a RESTful plate.
You might also notice that we are using a new term to classify our API resource sets: REALMS. Realms are how we will be classifying groups of functionality exposed through the APIs and will help you manage your consumption through segmentation. The realms will provide churches with the ability to allow or restrict what data consumer applications use and they will enable developers of consumer applications a platform to request specific application keys for specific functions a al carte or application keys that cover the entire stack. For instance, when requesting an API key as a developer you know that you’ll need both people and giving in your application, just request it and your key will be generated for both realms.
Just as we did with the people realm we will be opening up more and more resources, so let us know what you’d like to see by chatting about it on our forum. Note that any resource marked “3rd” will also be accessible by “1st” and “2nd” parties (if you’re not sure which one you are have a look at our authentication docs for more information).
- Accounts: Search(1st) | Show(1st) | Edit(1st) | New(3rd) | Create(3rd) | Update(1st)
- Account Types: List(3rd) | Show(3rd)
- Batches: Search(3rd) | Show(3rd) | Edit(3rd) | New(3rd) | Create(3rd) | Update(3rd)
- Batch Types: List(3rd) | Show(3rd)
- Funds: List(3rd) | Show(3rd) | Edit(1st) | New(1st) | Create(1st) | Update(1st)
- Fund Types: List(3rd) | Show(3rd)
Remote Deposit Capture Batches (RDC)
- RDC Batches: List(1st) | Show(1st) | Edit(1st) | New(1st) | Create(1st) | Update(1st)
- RDC Batch Items: List(1st) | Show(1st) | Edit(1st) | New(1st) | Create(1st) | Update(1st)
Nick Floyd is an Architect for Fellowship Technologies. Currently he is focused on improving, designing, and building the architecture around the Fellowship One platform. He likes learning about new technologies and languages (the obscure and the vanilla) as well as learning about new trends and practices around getting really good software from development to the users, fast. He is passionate about software development and helping other developers.
- Include Requirements & Contribution Sub Types
- User Case Story from Hope Community Church
- Group Search Categories and More
- Account Creation
- Single Sign On Functionality Exposed
- API Communication Value Changes
- API Enhancement: Create and Edit Groups!
- API Enhancement: Requirements Exposed
- Resource Versioning
- Enter Visitor Data via Your Church Website
- Fellowship One & Planning Center Online
- API Libraries and Sample Code
- Building a custom login for your church website using the API
- Roll Foward!
- The Agile Triangle
- Conversation Paralysis
- Picture this, image updates & creates through the REST API
- A REST API double shot : Groups and Events realms
- Increasing Software Delivery by 500%
- Quick people API realm update
- Introducing the new REST API giving realm
- Raising the bar…
- Building a Deployment Pipeline
- The World of Dev Craft
- Running Tests in Parallel with Selenium
- Abstracting Your Code to Remove Duplication
- Documentation in an Agile Environment
- Drowning in Debt
- Intro to Ruby on Rails
- API Strategy & Roadmap
- Staging/Sandbox Environment is Back up!
- Downtime in Sandbox/Staging Environment
- Android & OAuth
- F1 API Static Library with Objective-c
- Programming in F#
- NoSQL: HuMONGOus Benefits (Part 2)
- Our Scrum Team Structure
- SaaS & BI - The History & Future
- Getting Started with Android
- NoSQL: Leaving Schema Behind (Part 1)
- Your Feedback…and a $25 Gift Card!
- A Scrum Ceremony? Is this a wedding or something?
- Variables in PHP
- Data Exchange API Fixes
- F1 Check-in on the iPad
- Be the first to get the news & tips!
- An Introduction to PHP
- Working with Pop Up Windows in Selenium
- List Comprehension
- Source Control: A Time Machine For Your Source Code
- Developer Conference…Lower Price, Same Great Content!
- The Quality Assurance Team
- How does Fellowship Technologies manage complex projects?
- Developer Conference coming in May!
- Sandbox Refresh Complete
- Sandbox Refresh This Week
- Updates coming to the REST API
- Sandbox Environment Down Time
- F1Touch :: Fellowship One On The Go
- Under the Hood
- Sandbox Refresh Complete
- Sandbox Refresh Tomorrow (Oct. 2nd)
- Fellowship One Developer Forums
- Ten Commandments of API Consumption
- REST API Enhancements / Fixes deployed to Sandbox and Production 09.09.09
- Data Exchange URL cut-over complete
- Important Data Exchange URL changes
- Ron Nom Nom
- How to get started using the REST API