F1 Check-in on the iPad
We just recently heard that someone had found an app that would allow them to run Fellowship One Check-in on their iPad! After hearing this, we couldn’t resist trying it out on our own to see how it worked, and that’s what we did. The overview of how this is happening is through a Remote Desktop Connection. This means that the iPad is acting as a viewer, showing you what is happening on your full PC. That means this process still requires a computer capable of running check-in, but now you can view/use it on your iPad! So, let’s walk through how we set it up and got it working!
1. Enable remote connections to your Windows Check-in PC
-Go to your Start button and right click on “Computer” and then click on Properties
-Make a note of your computer’s name, you’ll need this when we set up the iPad app
-Switch to the tab “Remote” and check off the box for “Allow connections from computers running any version of Remote Desktop (less secure)”
2. Download the WinAdmin iPad app
-Go on your iPadd app store and download the iPadd app named “WinAdmin” ($8.99 in the Apple App Store)
3. Set up the WinAdmin app
-Open the app on your iPad and press the “+” button
-Now fill out the information required. Fill in whatever title you want for “Server Title”, put the computer name that you found earlier in “Server Address” and then fill in “Username” and “Password” with the credentials you use to log into the computer you will be viewing through this app.
-Press “Connect” in the upper right hand corner and you should see your computer appear and can now run F1 check-in!
And this is what you end up with!
Although we wanted to share this idea with you, it’s not our app, so we won’t be able to provide any support around it, but feel free to leave a comment below and someone may have an answer for you! But what we are even more excited about is the additional functionality we will be rolling out in our REST API over the next few quarters and seeing what our Development Community makes specifically for Fellowship One! This is just the beginning of what we believe will take place within the next year!
- Include Requirements & Contribution Sub Types
- User Case Story from Hope Community Church
- Group Search Categories and More
- Account Creation
- Single Sign On Functionality Exposed
- API Communication Value Changes
- API Enhancement: Create and Edit Groups!
- API Enhancement: Requirements Exposed
- Resource Versioning
- Enter Visitor Data via Your Church Website
- Fellowship One & Planning Center Online
- API Libraries and Sample Code
- Building a custom login for your church website using the API
- Roll Foward!
- The Agile Triangle
- Conversation Paralysis
- Picture this, image updates & creates through the REST API
- A REST API double shot : Groups and Events realms
- Increasing Software Delivery by 500%
- Quick people API realm update
- Introducing the new REST API giving realm
- Raising the bar…
- Building a Deployment Pipeline
- The World of Dev Craft
- Running Tests in Parallel with Selenium
- Abstracting Your Code to Remove Duplication
- Documentation in an Agile Environment
- Drowning in Debt
- Intro to Ruby on Rails
- API Strategy & Roadmap
- Staging/Sandbox Environment is Back up!
- Downtime in Sandbox/Staging Environment
- Android & OAuth
- F1 API Static Library with Objective-c
- Programming in F#
- NoSQL: HuMONGOus Benefits (Part 2)
- Our Scrum Team Structure
- SaaS & BI - The History & Future
- Getting Started with Android
- NoSQL: Leaving Schema Behind (Part 1)
- Your Feedback…and a $25 Gift Card!
- A Scrum Ceremony? Is this a wedding or something?
- Variables in PHP
- Data Exchange API Fixes
- F1 Check-in on the iPad
- Be the first to get the news & tips!
- An Introduction to PHP
- Working with Pop Up Windows in Selenium
- List Comprehension
- Source Control: A Time Machine For Your Source Code
- Developer Conference…Lower Price, Same Great Content!
- The Quality Assurance Team
- How does Fellowship Technologies manage complex projects?
- Developer Conference coming in May!
- Sandbox Refresh Complete
- Sandbox Refresh This Week
- Updates coming to the REST API
- Sandbox Environment Down Time
- F1Touch :: Fellowship One On The Go
- Under the Hood
- Sandbox Refresh Complete
- Sandbox Refresh Tomorrow (Oct. 2nd)
- Fellowship One Developer Forums
- Ten Commandments of API Consumption
- REST API Enhancements / Fixes deployed to Sandbox and Production 09.09.09
- Data Exchange URL cut-over complete
- Important Data Exchange URL changes
- Ron Nom Nom
- How to get started using the REST API