F# became a first class citizen in Visual Studio 2010. What is F#? F# is a multiparadigm programming language built on .NET, which supports functional programming, object-oriented programming and imperative programming (F# allows you to modify the contents of memory). F# is also statically typed but has type inference built in it. Most of time, the programmers don’t need to explicitly put the type annotation for the variables/identifiers since the compiler will automatically figure it out. For example, let a = 1 is a valid expression. However, the real story will be let (a : int) = 1. Because the compiler can figure out the type of a is int, the programmer doesn’t need put the type when he introduces the value a.
A while ago, I found a problem on the MIT website. Here is the problem: You are given an arithmetic expression containing N real numbers and N -…
At Fellowship Technologies we’ve utilized NoSQL as a persistent caching mechanism. We used MongoDB as our NoSQL data store. MongoDB is a document-based schema-less data store. MongoDB was an ideal solution because we had a dataset where we needed to cache a dataset with a varying set of fields.
To install MongoDB go to the MongoDB site and choose the right version for your platform. If you have an OS with 64-bit capabilities then you should choose a 64-bit version of MongoDB because the 32-bit version has a 4GB memory limitation. Since MongoDB relies on memory mapped files the 4GB limit doesn’t necessarily pertain to the size of your database. Extract the MongoDB files from the archive. Go into the bin folder and run mongod to run the mongodb server. Specify the
—dbpath flag to specify the directory where the data files will be created and…
At Fellowship Technologies, we value team work and collaboration. In fact, as part of our Scrum implementation, we tend to focus on creating self-organizing teams that strive for excellence on the first principle of the Agile Manifesto (individuals and interactions over processes and tools). Who better to estimate and organize the work at hand than the people actually doing the work? This creative and cohesive environment is one that we value for each of our teams.
As we grow in experience and education, we adapt and change your environment which in the end makes us all stronger. That is what I love most about our teams, their ability to look back, adapt to the realities seen, and strive to do better today than they did yesterday.
In our Product Development organization, we currently employ three (3) Scrum Teams. While each team should be able…
- Include Requirements & Contribution Sub Types
- User Case Story from Hope Community Church
- Group Search Categories and More
- Account Creation
- Single Sign On Functionality Exposed
- API Communication Value Changes
- API Enhancement: Create and Edit Groups!
- API Enhancement: Requirements Exposed
- Resource Versioning
- Enter Visitor Data via Your Church Website
- Fellowship One & Planning Center Online
- API Libraries and Sample Code
- Building a custom login for your church website using the API
- Roll Foward!
- The Agile Triangle
- Conversation Paralysis
- Picture this, image updates & creates through the REST API
- A REST API double shot : Groups and Events realms
- Increasing Software Delivery by 500%
- Quick people API realm update
- Introducing the new REST API giving realm
- Raising the bar…
- Building a Deployment Pipeline
- The World of Dev Craft
- Running Tests in Parallel with Selenium
- Abstracting Your Code to Remove Duplication
- Documentation in an Agile Environment
- Drowning in Debt
- Intro to Ruby on Rails
- API Strategy & Roadmap
- Staging/Sandbox Environment is Back up!
- Downtime in Sandbox/Staging Environment
- Android & OAuth
- F1 API Static Library with Objective-c
- Programming in F#
- NoSQL: HuMONGOus Benefits (Part 2)
- Our Scrum Team Structure
- SaaS & BI - The History & Future
- Getting Started with Android
- NoSQL: Leaving Schema Behind (Part 1)
- Your Feedback…and a $25 Gift Card!
- A Scrum Ceremony? Is this a wedding or something?
- Variables in PHP
- Data Exchange API Fixes
- F1 Check-in on the iPad
- Be the first to get the news & tips!
- An Introduction to PHP
- Working with Pop Up Windows in Selenium
- List Comprehension
- Source Control: A Time Machine For Your Source Code
- Developer Conference…Lower Price, Same Great Content!
- The Quality Assurance Team
- How does Fellowship Technologies manage complex projects?
- Developer Conference coming in May!
- Sandbox Refresh Complete
- Sandbox Refresh This Week
- Updates coming to the REST API
- Sandbox Environment Down Time
- F1Touch :: Fellowship One On The Go
- Under the Hood
- Sandbox Refresh Complete
- Sandbox Refresh Tomorrow (Oct. 2nd)
- Fellowship One Developer Forums
- Ten Commandments of API Consumption
- REST API Enhancements / Fixes deployed to Sandbox and Production 09.09.09
- Data Exchange URL cut-over complete
- Important Data Exchange URL changes
- Ron Nom Nom
- How to get started using the REST API