API Enhancement: Requirements Exposed
We are excited to announce our latest API enhancement - Individual Requirements! Individual Requirements are typically used for two reasons: to track items that need to be completed before a person can volunteer for a job and to track different stages of membership. Requirements can be specific and fully customized.
This API feature enhancement expands the capacity of our API to both churches and vendors alike. Both will now be able to create, read, update and delete Individual Requirements via the API, which opens up the potential for new vendors to partner with Fellowship One in delivering automated background check solutions. Active Network | Faith already partners with a few well-known background check companies and the integration is written directly into Fellowship One. By exposing individual requirements via our publically facing API, the opportunity for any vendor to integrate with Fellowship One is now a reality.
With this release we are introducing a new feature, which allows a user to show, create, or update a document in the context of an individual requirement. This document can contain report data from an outside source. The content-types allowed to be passed for this method are:
A binary stream will be sent or received for the above formats. In short, you will be able to insert documents into Fellowship One via the API for any custom use you may have. Hello paperless church world!
These enhancements are currently live in staging and the documentation can be accessed via application/help. We welcome your feedback and would love to hear the exiting ways in which you plan to use this aspect of our growing API. Thank you for being a part of the Fellowship One Developer Community!
- Include Requirements & Contribution Sub Types
June 9, 2014
- User Case Story from Hope Community Church
October 28, 2013
- Group Search Categories and More
October 21, 2013
- Account Creation
August 7, 2013
- Single Sign On Functionality Exposed
June 25, 2013
- API Communication Value Changes
November 2, 2012
- API Enhancement: Create and Edit Groups!
August 13, 2012
- API Enhancement: Requirements Exposed
June 25, 2012
May 23, 2012
- Resource Versioning
April 24, 2012
- Enter Visitor Data via Your Church Website
March 16, 2012
- Fellowship One & Planning Center Online
March 1, 2012
- API Libraries and Sample Code
February 7, 2012
- Building a custom login for your church website using the API
November 29, 2011
- Roll Foward!
August 9, 2011
- The Agile Triangle
July 27, 2011
- Conversation Paralysis
July 7, 2011
- Picture this, image updates & creates through the REST API
May 10, 2011
- A REST API double shot : Groups and Events realms
May 9, 2011
- Increasing Software Delivery by 500%
May 3, 2011